The nine-days-long Navratri Festival is about to start which is celebrated every year in the autumn. Although theoretically there are four seasonal Navratri, the Sharad Navratri is the most observed in all regions of the country. To mark their faith a large number of devotees do fasting and opt for a simpler lifestyle to purify their body and soul.
Apart from religious reasons fasting is a great way to detox your body and give it a much-needed break. Most of the people switch to seasonal fruits and salads. You can also add a lot of fluids and juices in your diet to keep the body hydrated, energized and active. So here are some amazing Navratri beverages you can try without compromising on the fasting rules.
Kesar milk is rich in antioxidant properties. It has been used by our ancestors for ages. You can add cardamom with saffron milk and this beverage become a complete meal in itself.
How to make Kesaria Doodh:
- Boil milk in a pan.
- Simmer and Stir milk 2-3 times till it thickens.
- Add sugar, saffron and at the end cardamom powder.
- Simmer milk till sugar is dissolved.
- Serve it hot and garnish it with almond, cardamom, pistachios and almonds.
2.Coconut Water With Lemon and Mint
Coconut water is rich in nutrients. It is an ultimate thirst quencher during summers. Add a dash of lime and honey for a soothing experience.
How to make coconut water with Lemon and Mint:
- Empty coconut in a jar of water.
- Scrap off coconut meat using a spoon or knife.
- Chop it up and add it to coconut water.
- Add lemon juice, honey and mint as well to it.
- Stir, mix well and garnish with mint leaves.
3.Banana Honey Smoothie
Bananas are rich in protein. Take honey, a bunch of bananas add thrown in some pumpkin seeds. It acts as a power booster between your meals.
How to make a banana honey smoothie:
- Peel Bananas, add yoghurt and put it in a blender.
- Add 2 tsp honey, 2 tsp pumpkin seed(or almond).
- Add some water to it.
- Give it a good whisk till it becomes smooth.
- Garnish and serve it with pumpkin seeds and honey.
4.Orange and Basil Juice
Oranges are a healthy source of fibre, vitamin C and antioxidants. When basil and oranges come together it gives an immunity booster revitalizing drink.
How to make an Orange and Basil Juice
- Peel the oranges and place them a blender.
- pour the juice out in some glass container, mix honey and black salt in it.
- Garnish with few basil leaves and serve.
Yoghurt is rich in nutrients and high in protein. It takes care of your digestive health and immune system. When you feel out of energy during fasting days, try out this yoghurt lassi drink filled with the freshness of mint.
How to make Mint lassi
- Add curd in a container.
- Then add some black salt and dried mint in it.
- Add some ice cubes
- Garnish and serve it with fresh mint leaves and ground cumin.
Hope you guys enjoyed the information I shared regarding beverages you can try during fasting. If you have any new ideas do share with us in the comments.
You may like to read-